Extra! Extra! – Opportunism in CSR

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

新手上路

積分
發表於 2024-3-7 13:35:08 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Opportunism: Attitude that consists of making the most of circumstances to obtain the greatest possible benefit, without taking into account principles or convictions. Dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy By Edgar López A few days ago, a certain actor in the social responsibility niche in Mexico, in a telephone call, expressed his disappointment to me and described as opportunistic the fact that we used examples of recent cases of reputational crises for one of our workshops, which allow us to better expose the “Fair Operating Practices” module for the issues of corruption, links with the government and political parties. Given both qualifiers, I asked said character to give me more elements to understand his feelings. To which he replied: Disappointing because I would have expected many things from many media outlets, but I didn't expect it from Expok.

He thought they were a serious media whose Phone Number List focus was the promotion of Social Responsibility. And opportunistic for the fact of spreading as a case of social responsibility an event that has not yet been clarified in the courts. In this regard I am left with two conclusions: Regarding your disappointment. What we have left at Expok is to reflect on what would be the expectation that the majority of our readers and our clients have in relation to our way of disseminating social responsibility issues. Should we only disseminate proactive and positive actions, or do they have to Does it also make sense to expose the adverse circumstances? Regarding opportunism, although the adjective could have a certain negative connotation, we could agree that, in certain circumstances, negative news actually represents an opportunity to disseminate what social responsibility implies.

This despite our own clients, who have recognized and respected this informative value. So effectively, Expok's media are and will continue to be opportunistic, to the extent that we manage to break paradigms and better communicate the positive achievements and potential risks of socially responsible management. That is our conviction. I must say that at the end of the call I failed to comment that, as a user of that institution, I was also disappointed and that it seemed to me that said institution had also operated opportunistically. Are we talking about the same type of opportunism? Edgar Lopez Graduated from the Anáhuac University, he is currently Director of Expok , a Mexican company specialized in Consulting, media and development of innovative concepts related to Social Responsibility, as well as a member of different committees focused on the development of the same topic.

回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|Regal Credit Finance Limited

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 14:53 , Processed in 0.038663 second(s), 18 queries .